Adv. Ronen Matry is one of the founding partners of Matry, Meiri, Wacht & Co. and Head of its Insolvency, Banking and Real Estate Department
Ronen represents creditors and debtors in various matters related to financially distressed companies, recovery procedures, creditor settlements and liquidation of real estate and other property. Within this framework, Ronen provides ongoing legal advice and representation to Israel’s largest banks and financial institutions.
Ronen also represents companies in insolvency proceedings, including stay of proceedings, corporate recovery and rehabilitation proceedings, restructuring and creditor settlements.
- Bank Hapoalim in proceedings related to the business collapse of Mega and the Blue Square Group;
- Bank Leumi in the proceedings of the Fishman Group and Jerusalem Economy Ltd.
- Leumi Bank in the matter of the Fishman Group (J.E.C.)
- The First International Bank of Israel, Bank Mercantile, Union Bank and other banks in complex receivership and insolvency proceedings;
- Gaon Holdings and Buy and Build in the Ace case;
- Various parties in IDB debt settlement;
- Various parties in the matter of Kamor, in its capacity as a trustee or office holder of various companies (Agrexco, Chefziba, Ollimpia, Masonite, Rav Bariach and more);
- Egged Public Transportation Company in the matter of the Tel Aviv New Central Station;
- Phoeniclass (a company jointly owned by America-Israel and The Phoenix) in a luxury project for construction of 450 apartments on the premises of the Seminar HaKibutzim in Namir Road, Tel Aviv;
Prior to MMW’s formation, Ronen was a Partner in Danziger Klagsbald & Co. and Head of its Insolvency, Banking and Real Estate Department.
Ronen has also handled arrangements in the collective agricultural settlement sector, including representation on various matters of the Kibbutzs’ Arrangement Administration, Seminar HaKibutzim, receivership of the cooperative society Dafna Hulata Marketing, sale of the Matar Casting plant, receivership of the inventory of Noah Hulata Shoes and representation of Kibbutzs in their business activities.
As part of MMW’s real estate practice, Ronen handles projects of Israel’s largest real estate companies, through all project stages, from development to planning and building, , right through sale and registration of units.
Ronen also handles the formation of real estate investment trusts (REITs) and advises his clients on land acquisition transactions.
Ronen is an expert in project finance, and represents developers and project finance departments of banks, as well as various parties in land expropriation matters.